Fundamentals of Program Assessment Workshop
Institute for the Development of Excellence in Assessment Leadership (IDEAL)
If you have already attended an ABET Fundamentals of Assessment Workshop and are confident in your assessment knowledge, but looking for a highly focused, hands-on group session to hone and refine your current process, this is your next step.
Developing sustainable assessment processes that lead to quality improvement of educational programs is an iterative process. This workshop is designed to help you take a critical look at your current assessment processes and take them to the next level of quality. Time is spent on critiquing processes and developing ways to ensure consistency in the assessment of student learning across multiple faculty evaluators. In this workshop, you will build on the principles taught in ABET Fundamentals to develop more efficient and effective processes.
During the Advanced Program Assessment workshop, you will work in a small group to critique performance indicators and assessment processes, undergo rubric calibration training and engage in exercises centered on assessment processes and evaluation. You will leave the workshop with the ability to apply what you learned to improve your own assessment program.
The Workshop Prepares You to:
- Create a sustainable assessment process.
- Assure consistency in multi-faculty evaluations.
- Identify ways to improve your current assessment processes.
Here is a Brief Outline of the Workshop:
- Evaluate Program Educational Objectives
- Critique Performance Indicators
- Calibrate Scoring Rubrics
- Review Importance of Curriculum Mapping (Who, What, When)
- Maximize the Evaluation Process
- Survey Development
- Critique an Assessment Plan
- Determine Meaningful Performance Benchmarks