The Fundamentals of Program Assessment Workshop is a workshop designed with a focus on small group interaction and individual assignments to introduce the context for program assessment, examine assessment processes, develop measurable outcomes and apply data collection and reporting methods. The exercises and examples are from associate’s, bachelor’s and/or tech-focused programs. These can be applied to other program types and/or timeframes.
This workshop will allow you to work in teams and ask questions of experienced facilitators.
This workshop prepares you to:
- Identify key elements of a functional assessment process.
- Clarify the similarities and differences between course and program assessment.
- Make student outcomes measurable with the development of performance indicators.
- Understand the methods to assess student outcomes.
- Develop rubrics as one method to score student performance in achieving student outcomes.
- Identify the pros and cons of various data collection methods.
- Decipher and report results.