The Assessment of Student Learning workshop is designed to provide you with best practices and tools to lead the assessment process, regardless of your discipline/area of focus.
Participate in individual and group exercises to define and apply efficient assessment processes at your institution. You will develop educational objectives and measurable student outcomes, utilize tools for evaluation and reporting and discover new ways to engage faculty by implementing decision-making tools and responsive leadership methods. At the end, you will have acquired the knowledge, skills and confidence to successfully lead the program assessment process.
This workshop prepares you to:
• Explain the context and process for assessment of student learning.
• Determine program educational objectives and student learning outcomes.
• Choose and utilize appropriate methods for assessing student learning outcomes.
• Develop efficient and effective processes for data collection, evaluation and reporting.
• Lead the continuous improvement process for a program.